- This event has passed.
Retrofitting & Resilience: Tackling Real Estate’s Biggest Challenges
November 10, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm EET
17:00 – 18:00 (EET)
Despite the global economic outlook becoming increasingly downbeat, delaying or sidelining initiatives to decarbonise real estate could be a costly long-term mistake. In the developed world, around 80% of today’s buildings will be here in 2050. These will need retrofitting to comply with incoming regulations and changing expectations among occupiers, employees and customers. In the developing world, new commercial and residential real estate will need fresh approaches prioritizing whole life carbon and energy efficiency to improve resilience and contribute to a more sustainable future.
The session will discuss:
- Getting started on assessing your portfolio
- Overcoming common decarbonization challenges for retrofitting and new developments
- Exploring the role of tech and nature-based solutions
- Addressing whole life carbon through materials and supply chain engagement
- Delivering strong environmental and financial returns
- Driving better collaboration between tenants and landlords, and across the wider value chain
- Guy Grainger, Global Head of Sustainability Services and ESG, JLL
- Michael Izzo, Chief Carbon Officer, Hines
- Frankie Downy, Programme Manager for Private Building Efficiency, C40
- Donnel Baird, Founder and CEO, BlocPower