- This event has passed.
Resilient and Resource Efficient Green Buildings: Public-Private Partnerships that Deliver
November 17 @ 2:45 pm - 4:15 pm EET
14:45 – 16:15 (EET)
Construction and operations of buildings are a major source of greenhouse-gas emissions. Having resilient and resource efficient buildings depends on mobilizing businesses, both local and foreign actors to seek joined up solutions – to go beyond systems-thinking to systems doing.
This panel discussion organized by The Sovereign Fund of Egypt (TSFE), in collaboration with United States Council for International Business (USCIB), the International Organization of Employers (IOE), the Federation of Egyptian Industry (FEI), International Finance Corporation (IFC), and Qalaa Holdings will bring together private sector representatives to share experiences and solutions in that field to unlock the sustainability of the construction sector and investment in infrastructure.
- Pathak, Vivek – Director and Global Head for Climate Business, World Bank Group (IFC)
- Elhamy, Amr – CEO, TSFE Tourism, Real Estate & Antiquities Subfund
- El-Khazindar, Hisham – Co-Founder & Managing Director, Qalaa Holdings
- Sarver, Scott – Principal, RATIO \ smdp Design
- Schmidt, Heloisa – Sustainability Manager, Bechtel
- Suárez Santos, Roberto – IOE Secretary-General
- Torky, Dr. El Sayed – Senior Advisor and Head of Labor Affairs Unit, Federation of the Egyptian Industries