- This event has passed.
APEX – IFC’s Green Cities Launch
November 12, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 5:45 pm EET
17:00 – 17:45 (EET)
Join IFC and World Bank for the launch of the APEX Green Cities Program, an innovative new approach that harnesses the insights from advanced green practices around the world to show what these practices mean for your city, based on your local context. This launch event will include an overview of the APEX (Advanced Practices for Environmental Excellence) initiative and testimonials from our partner cities Ekurhuleni, South Africa and Alexandria, Egypt.
The discussion will bring together a variety of decision-makers and technical experts to discuss how APEX can help scale up green city investments with a focus on access to climate and green financing, and demonstrate how the WBG, as the largest multilateral climate financier, is already scaling up its support to cities in a way that greatly increases potential to mobilize urban climate finance from the public and private sector and plans to accelerate these efforts.
- Mr. Emmanuel Nyirinkindi, Vice President, Cross-cutting solutions
- Mr. Juergen Voegele, World Bank Vice President for Sustainable Development
- Mr. Mohamed Taher Elsherief, Alexandria (Egypt), Governor
- Mr. Mahmoud Youssry Shaarawy, Minister of Local Development, Egypt
- Dr. Heike Litzinger, Head of Division, Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development, Germany BMZ